Submit A Play
Are you interested in submitting a play for consideration for Cottage Theatre's 2014 season?
Please download one of the following Play Selection packets:
1. Read through the Play Selection packet (see links above) in its entirety
2. Complete the Play Submission Form and submit it to the Artistic Committee with all supplemental material by March 1st, 2013. Incomplete applications or applications submitted after the deadline will not be considered.
If available, please include the following with your Play Submission Form:
3. You will be notified of Cottage Theatre’s decision regarding your submission by July 1st, 2013. Submitted scripts and CDs/tapes will not be returned.
1. The Play Selection Committee will review the submissions and present a season proposal to the Cottage Theatre Board, along with the following information:
For the six plays that the Artistic Committee recommends for the new season:
For all plays that are not accepted:
2. The Cottage Theatre Board of Directors will approve or reject the proposed season at their June meeting. If the Board of Directors rejects the Committee’s proposed choices, the Artistic Committee will have one week to revise and resubmit a new schedule, based on recommendations from the Cottage Theatre Board of Directors.
3. The Artistic Committee Chair will notify all directors about the final decision regarding their submissions by July 1st, 2013. The season will be publicly announced in mid-August 2013.
NOTE: For the 2014 Season, the Artistic Committee will be looking to select six shows for our season, which typically includes three musicals and three straight plays, with a mix of comedies and dramas.
Selection Criteria (in no particular ranking or order)
Director’s Experience in Theatre
Director’s People Skills
The Play Submission Form
Appeal of Play to Audience
Balance of Material and Roles
Ability of Cottage Theatre to Produce the Play
Other factors not listed here also impact submission decisions. The criteria above are guidelines only. Meeting those guidelines does not guarantee that a show will be accepted.
** In the event that not enough appropriate submissions are received, the Committee reserves the right to solicit other submissions.**
700 Village Drive
Cottage Grove, OR 97424
fax: (541) 942-2934
Box Office hours:
10 AM - 2 PM Wed - Fri,
and one hour before performances.
Connect with us on Facebook